Once in a Lifetime Experience
Living in St. Charles, we were in the middle of the totality portion of the Great American Eclipse. That means we would be able to see the total eclipse of the sun for over two minutes!
In talking with brothers, Dan and Randy, we started to plan a way that we could experience this event together. They could travel to St. Louis, or we could travel to Denver and drive to Casper, Wyoming. For Casper, Wyoming, was also in the middle of the path of totality, allowing over two minutes of viewing the total eclipse.
Since it would be less expensive for us to join the family in Denver for the drive to Casper, we did.
It was an awe-filled day of experiencing first-hand the words of Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above[a] proclaims his handiwork.
Words are inadequate to fully share the experience of the moon covering the sun as we:
- Were awed by the pulsating of the sun's corona
- Saw the colors around us deepen
- Felt the drop in teamperature
- Viewed the stars and planets in the daytime
- Witnessed a 360 degree sunset surrounding us
- Shared this with our family